(650) 573-5637mahurinlaw@yahoo.com

Workers’ Compensation

Have you been injured at work?

injured-workerContact me. I’m a Certified Specialist in Workers’ Compensation Law and I can help.

When you’re injured at work, there are no doubt a lot of thoughts running through your head. “How do I deal with this pain?” and “How will I support my family?” and “What if I can’t return to my job ever?”

You do not need to add to that list of concerns, “Do I need a lawyer?” and “Can I afford a lawyer when I can’t work?”

I understand those concerns and I can talk with you and hopefully put some of those worries to rest. Workers compensation law has been put in place to protect your rights in the case of injury at work. If I can help, I will work tirelessly to ensure that you obtain all the benefits to which you are entitled.

What is Workers’ Compensation?

Work Injuries can vary from simple injuries to complex syndromes requiring alternative long term treatment. Sometimes your injuries are such that you will never be able to return to that type of work. In certain circumstances, your employer will need to pay for your retraining.

I’ve litigated many cases for my clients using vocational experts and and have gotten challenging permanent disability awards at trial. For the past four years I’ve represented professional athletes, litigating complex NBA and NFL cases involving jurisdiction and the statute of limitations for filing a workers’ compensation claim.

Contact me.

If you have questions about your work injury, please contact me during office hours at (650) 573-5637 or contact me through this website’s contact form to discuss your concerns. Even if you have already filed a claim for benefits, Mr. Mahurin can still help you to obtain benefits.

California’s Workers Compensation Guideline

It’s recommended to report your employer or supervisor of the injury as soon as possible, even if the injury developed gradually. To report an injury you should asked your employer for a DWC-1 form. For a more complete list of forms, please visit the Department of Industrial Relations and download the form. For your convenience, a link to obtain the form is provided below. By promptly reporting your injury, you will reduce any delays in benefits, and prompt your employer to refer the claim to the workers compensation carrier. By waiting to report an injury you can lose your right to receive benefits.

DCW-1 Form

Claims & Representation

Contact Mr. Mahurin as soon as you can regarding a free consultation regarding your injury, please call (650) 573-5637.

Timing Matters

The state of California has time restrictions that can prohibit you from receiving your full (or any) compensation, so be sure to speak with Ronald Mahurin as soon as possible.
Contact Us

Back to Top